A new display for corrugator key performance figures has been implemented in PC-Topp.NET which is designed for large screens mounted overhead on the shop floor. This interface is part of the PC-Topp.NET HD TV monitor project which aims to create a variety of large scale displays for showing all kinds of live production data and message texts on large scale HD TV screens on the shop floor.
With its clear structure, large characters, and vivid colors the new interface allows easily viewing machine status, alerts, messages etc. even from a distance and keeps everybody up to date on corrugator production. It offers some substantial advantages over the usual production information displays mounted next to the corrugator controls.
- Machine operators can closely monitor corrugator production without having to stay next to the machine controls.
- No matter where the members of the machine crew are working, everybody can see in advance when the next change of flute type, board grade etc. is due so the team can better prepare for a smooth transition.
- Everybody at the corrugator is immediately alerted to downtimes.
- Supervisors and all staff at the machine can effortlessly get information on corrugator performance with just a glance at the overhead display at all times, without having to leave their workstation.
Customizable Range of Production Figures
There is a wide scope of production information available for displaying with the new feature. The figures and texts to be shown can be easily personalized according to customers’ needs. Some possibilities would be:
- Production Figures of the Current Shift, e.g.
- Current speed
- Program number, board grade, roll size, flute
- Total meters produce and average meters per minute for the current run and shift respectively
- A forecast of meters to produce until the next change of board grade, roll size, or flute type
- Shift duration
- Production Figures of Previous Shifts
- Shift duration, total meters produced, average meters per minute
- Current Order
- Order number
- Customer name
- Sheet size
- Downtime or Off-Line Alerts
- Freely Configurable Messages
The displayed information can optionally be toggled in certain intervals, e.g. from production times to produced and scheduled quantities or other information of interest, or even between production figures and announcements or text messages for special occasions like visitors in the plant etc. The interface is available both in portrait and in landscape format.
How to Get the New Extra Large Display
Basically, all you need is a license, an idea of what you want to display, and a large screen. So if you are interested in taking advantage of the new possibilities provided by this functionality, please get in touch with us:
Contact the PC-Topp Team